Thursday, December 15, 2022

Burbank/LA

Burbank


The chosen neighborhood is relatively close to my daughter and is pleasant, residential and safe. A good


walking neighborhood. There are a number of decorated houses, folks who walk their dogs and a corner park that is open on weekends (It belongs to a school) and parking is accessible on the street.

It is handy to have the van close by as this apartment is poorly equipped. But I finally decided it is sort of like camping. I brought in a chair to sit on, a rug for the front door shoes, kitchen equipment, like a cutting board, eating utensils and other sundries. It will take a couple hours to get everything packed up and in again.

I am lightly purple again, thanks to cousin Sherry's shampoo suggestion. Men here seem to love it. There are many compliments.


I have made some Christmas cookies and take Gina for long walks in the morning. There is a lovely park (Brand Park) which has squirrels to chase and dogs to greet. We went to a nearby wildlife preserve (Stough Canyon) which was uphill all the way.

There was a nice dog park (Griffith) that had chill dogs- none of whom Gina wanted to play with. Today I 
was told of Bette Davis Picnic area next to the equestrian center which had many many squirrels to chase and Gina enjoyed that immensely.

I use Google frequently to find grocery stores and Trader Joe’s and other points of interest that are handy for my projects. I got the oil changed in the van and have done some van chores. I have found avoiding the freeways is more comfortable for me and have not gone too far afield but am getting more adventuresome. 

I have finished another book which was tedious so will be doing lighter reading for the next couple of days. I have also pretty much caught up on my blog and am taking time to reflect on the wonderful weeks that I was on the road. Yes, I enjoyed that. Every day was new and brought something to the table which could be fabulous views or reflections that make me a rounder individual.

California is nice. Crowded but a good respite and there is much to see and ahead there are plans to be made which I am beginning to swing my thoughts to. Again, heading North towards Napa and cousin Christine will be around the holidays so I am a bit wiser to try to make plans ahead of time. I am finding that seashore parks are full already- of course and contemplate what my alternatives might be. Up the middle of California may be a wiser pursuit. I will be looking at that the next couple days as well as what my plans are come the middle of January. Baja California is a strong contender.

Here is what I am seeing in Burbank 





No comments:

Post a Comment