Wednesday, December 14, 2022

Somis- North of LA December 6-9

 So good times were had by all.


I went up to see my sister for a few days who was recovering from a bit of pneumonia. It was there I caught my breath, enjoyed walking in her citrus orchard, playing with her 3 dogs and having a quiet visit with her, her husband, Danny, his mom and other Farm Inhabitants. It's a lovely spot. At the top of a hill you get a vista of the trees, beautiful sunsets, moonrises and breathe the lovely air. You can see how lovely the weather was!

We took a spin about town and she showed me the library in Camarillo, a delight and inspiration for libraries everywhere. It is clear that the community treasures its literature and literacy.

I came away laden with citrus and peace. Gina had a blast playing with the dogs, chasing jackrabbits and smelling so many new things. 

Check out this library- tiles on the floors and walls, sculptural pillars and cozy nooks!




No comments:

Post a Comment